Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Ugh. Why is it only 11:15 a.m.? And I didn't even get into work until like 9:30 a.m. After the kind of work week I had last week...working until like 9 or 10 p.m. every night...I should probably be happy for a relaxing week, but not so. The day seems so long when I'm not busy. I find myself watching the clock, my mind wandering. Plus, my boss is out today, so I'm completely unmotivated to work. I'm listening to these legislators drone on and on in a committee hearing about what they can do about lowering gas prices. Snore snore snore.

So, I met my first Korean person in Sacramento yesterday. She is my dry cleaner. I was dropping off my favorite black long coat...because...a bird pooped on it. Yes, I was wearing it at the time. It was so disgusting. Here I was, dressed to the nines over the weekend on my way back to the car from watching Les Miserables. So I'm feelin' good, walking along, and all of a sudden a bird just ****s all over my hand and coat. It's never happened to me before and I washed my hands like 30 times afterward. Ewwwww.

Anyway, so I dropped it off to the drycleaner, this Asian woman who tells me that it's "good luck" for a bird to poop on you. I looked at her like she was a big crazy person. She asked me if I was Korean or Chinese, and when I said Korean, she asked me if I could speak. So we started chatting and I told her how I hadn't met another Korean soul in Sacramento. She told me there's a sizable Korean population here with a little Koreatown and everything!! Korean food! Kimchi!! Yellow people!! People who actually know that Gucci is pronounced "Gooochy" and not "Guhchy"!! It's about 30 minutes from my house, but my first free weekend, I'm going to go check it out. My people, here I come!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home