OK...So I'm back in the States now...it's funny, Americans in Korea always call the U.S. "the States." I don't think anyone here calls it that. Interestingly enough...no one in Korea calls Korea "Korea." They call it "Oori nara," which means, "our country." Nationalism is definitely stronger in other countries, I think.
Anyway, so I'm back and jetlagged like HELL. I've gone to sleep this week at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. almost every day. And I'm STILL falling asleep at work by like 2 p.m. I hope I kick this soon. It's not easy feeling sleepy pretty much ALL day.
So I'm back to the daily grind at work...things are slow since session is over until January. Guess I could use the break...but non-busy days seem so much longer. I'm working this weekend too. Campaigning for the Democrats! Yes, I will be knocking door to door begging people to vote for this Democrat who is running for Assemblyman George Nakano's seat in the Torrance, Redondo Beach, Venice Beach area. It's the least favorite part of my job...but I figure I'm forwarding the cause and keeping California liberal. Sigh. It's exhausting though.
In other news...Yikes! Check out this electoral map for the presidential election. Kerry's weak in Cali? Man, we're in trouble. I blame the Terminator. http://www.electoral-vote.com/
And finally...my girl's new movie is opening tonight. "The Grudge." Sweeeeeet! I can not wait to see it. Sarah Michelle Gellar AND a horror movie that looks good. This is almost as exciting as the combination of Orlando Bloom and Greek tragedy in "Troy." Almost.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home