Okay...so work is kickin' my ass lately. Not because I'm so overburdened with work...it's the drama and the tension and stress of all the politics in my office and in my job that is started to take it's toll on me. Some days I just feel like a punching bag...and I go home feeling battered, bruised, but unfortunately alive. I start to wonder...how come it never seems this bad for CJ on the West Wing? And then I start to wonder...is this all really worth it? Here are the reasons I've been able to stick it out in Sac for as long as I have.
*The job: Fulfillment with what I'm doing.
*The job: Feeling like I'm making a difference. (Our new Governor basically nixed that part of my job...we can't DO anything anymore cuz he'll veto it.)
*The job: Feeling like I'm making a well-appreciated contribution to the office.
*C Webb
*The Kings
Um, when four out of your five reasons for being someplace, giving up your social life and putting your life on hold so you can do it disappear OR GET TRADED TO PHILADELPHIA...you start to reevaulate your existence. Sigh.
Is this what they call, "A case of the Mondays"?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home