Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heart attack...

Just got back from Vegas. And this is what I get inside my email box that I haven't checked for four days.

Ms. Kim,

This is to advise that you have been removed from the 1st year class at UC Davis Law School because you did not respond to the mailing sent to you on June 23, asking for a definitive indication of your intention to enroll.

Sharon L. Pinkney
Director of AdmissionSchool of Law - King Hall
University of California
Davis, CA 95616-5201
(530)752-6477
<lawadmissions@ucdavis.edu>

I had an embolism and then called and got it worked out. Misunderstanding. But I almost fainted. And then I got pissed when the Director of Admissions told me that she sent this email out to "cause enough anxiety" among students to get those students who haven't responded to respond to her. What a frickin' sh**ty thing to do to someone.

And that's not the only thing that is not instilling me with a whole lot of confidence in UC Davis. Last week I got my registration packet. And I got a little excited. Until I noticed that they were charging me non-California resident tuition. And then I noticed that the packet is addressed to Hyo Jin Kim from Kenosha, Wisconsin. Bastards. We are not all the same.

P.S. Pictures from my birthday, Vegas and goodbye lunch at work to come! It's been a crazy couple of weeks...

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger chwanger said...

Boo! That is a crappy thing to do to someone! WTF? Hope you had a great birthday - and congrats on law school! I'd been waiting for a blog announcement... hello...keepin' a girl in suspense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home