Monday, January 26, 2004

Sigh. Back to the Daily Grind. Although, I'm in a pretty good mood for it being a Monday! Maybe it's cuz I had a nice relaxing weekend, with a full schedule of lying around and doing nothing.

I DID attend my first Minsoo's Monthly Movie Night Madness. It was fun! And I have developed another crush...move over Orlando Bloom...here comes Suave Dave's big screen TV! Oh my goodness, it was beautiful. 65 inches, flat screen....oyyyyyy...I want, I want! We watched "Finding Nemo" and "Jaws", and I swear both movies would not have been as good without the quality of this beautiful TV. The picture is so big, so sharp, so real...Of course, this can be dangerous as well. At one point in "Jaws", the action was so in my face that I jumped and kicked someone sitting below me in the head. Sorry, dude. I blame the TV. =)

Hmm. I think my own 25-inch Sony Wega has noticed that I'm no longer satisfied with it...In fact, I think it's developed an inferiority complex. Yesterday, I pressed mute, and I swear as I walked away, the sound turned back on. And I don't know if it's my imagination, but I feel like it's taking longer when I turn it on to get the picture up on screen. Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, I now have another frame of reference for gauging my success in life. In addition to everything else I have mentally ticked off in my head as sure signs that I've succeeded...I now have to add, "Owning a 65-inch television." Sigh. Dare to dream.

On another note...Orlando Bloom's girlfriend's new movie: "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" scored a dismal third place in its opening weekend's box office sales...coming in behind "Butterfly Effect" AND "Along Came Polly." Boo hoo for her. Is it sad that I was just a little bit happy to see the whole world is not in love with Kate Bosworth as Orlando apparently is? I guess I shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks...since it's his opinion that I care about, huh? Oh well. Hope Orlando didn't have to...uh, comfort her or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home