Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Well...what a conflicting week it has been for my sports teams.

First off, there's the news about C Webb...oh what has my baby done? Three games suspended for lying to a grand jury (Bad C Webb!)...but then another five games suspended for violating the team's drug policy?? What does that mean? And he must be doing a lot more than hitting the bong once in a while, considering the punishment exceeds that of lying to a grand jury! Oh, beautiful C-Webb...what are you doing to yourself??

On the other hand...my Yankees (yeah yeah, get all your boos and hisses out of the way, you haters -- I grew up in New York, what do you want from me?) signed A-Rod...How beautiful...and yeah yeah, I've heard all the complaints about how the Yankees have the best team money can buy, but whatever...there are plenty of teams out there with pretty big wallets who have teams that suck. Look at the Dodgers.

I do feel bad for Boston though...they could have used A-Rod this year. I'm excited to see A-Rod and Jeter play together though...I always think it's so cute when friends are on the same team. Anyways, go Yankees...Looks like we'll have an exciting year...although there's a lot of pressure with this. It's like the Lakers...if they don't win this year...with their Olympic team...how embarassing! Same for the Yanks...it'll be embarassing if they can't win this year...it doesn't help that their bullpen is weak...oh Andy Petitte, I am so sorry you're gone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home