Friday, November 05, 2004

OK. My blogger has been down so this is a delayed message that I meant to post on Wednesday, November 3.

Ohio sucks
OHIO is on my HIT list. For REAL. Thank God Eugene is moving back soon...then I can hate Ohio wholeheartedly with no conscience.

Dark Day
I told someone today that yesterday was a dark day for America. He said, why just America? And I realized he was right. Yesterday was a dark day for the world. Sigh.

The Red Sea
Looking at those maps of the United States yesterday...with that sea of red states...it was really heartbreaking for me. You know...you feel like you're fighting the good fight for the people who need it...and then you see something like that and you start to wonder, am I really the wacky minority they say I am? Am I the one who's crazy...not them?? Is standing up for the rights of those less fortunate and those who can't speak for themselves WRONG?

I think one CNN reporter said it best. Four years ago, Democrats felt cheated. This year, we feel beaten. At least four years ago, we could hold onto the anger and the self-righteousness. Today, all I feel is sad and shell shocked.

Quality versus quantity
I did notice that the states (that matter) were blue. California, NY, Illinois, DC. I mean, do I really care what South Dakota thinks? Does anyone? Shouldn't we go by the quality of votes...not the quantity? (OK, I know I sound really bitter and irrational, but still.)

A silver lining
Well, at least California has spoken. Of nine state races that Arnie and the rest of the Reps threw their weight behind (ahem, not to mention $750,000) to get Democrats outta office so they can slowly take over the California Legislature, not one went to the Rep side. At least California has let Arnie know that, Terminator or no Terminator, California is a Democratic state. It made me thankful that I live here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home